Seamless Gutters vs. Regular Gutters: Are Seamless Gutters Worth It?
Seamless gutters have been around for a while, but many homeowners are still unaware of their benefits. If you’re getting new gutters or exploring your replacement options, it’s time to compare seamless gutters vs. regular gutters. Are seamless gutters worth it? What’s the cost difference between sectional gutters and seamless gutters? Read on to make an informed decision.
What Are Seamless Gutters?
As the name implies, seamless gutters are gutters without visible seams on the front. Old school gutters are comprised of sections, and each section has a seam connecting the two parts. Seamless gutters are custom-made at the time of installation, so they’re cut to the exact length they need to be. In most cases, the only seams that occur are on the corners where perpendicular gutters connect with each other.
How Seamless Gutters Differ from Regular Gutters
Why is there so much hype around seamless gutters? Because they offer an array of benefits that far exceed their predecessors. Here are some key differences between seamless gutters vs. regular gutters:
- Seamless gutters are made on-site, so they are customized to fit every property
- Seamless gutters come in a wide range of colors, much like sectional gutters
- Regular gutters are prone to sagging at the joints – seamless gutters don’t have that issue
- Seam-free gutters look smooth and clean on a house’s façade, which boosts curb appeal
- Sectional gutters don’t offer the same leak protection or warranties that seamless gutters offer
- Seamless gutters are available in 6″ widths, which handle 50% more water than 5″ gutters
- It’s easier to clean seamless gutters because they don’t have joints for leaves to get caught in
The advantages are never-ending, and it’s easy to see why so many homeowners are making the switch to seamless gutters. If you’re in the market for new guttering, this is a no-brainer upgrade for your home.
Are Seamless Gutters Worth Buying?
If you compare the cost of seamless gutters vs. regular gutters, you might be surprised by how affordable seamless gutters may be. Sure there are cheaper options on the market, but how long will they realistically last? Will they look good on your home? Will they look professional once they’re installed? We can’t emphasize enough that seamless gutters are definitely worth it!
How to Get the Most out of Your Custom Seamless Gutters
If you want to make the most of your gutter investment, follow these quick tips:
- Clean your gutters periodically to keep them running efficiently (See: How often Should Gutters Be Cleaned?)
- Install gutter guards to block out debris and extend the life of your gutters
- Choose the right size gutters for your home’s needs, and don’t be afraid to get a larger size
- Select colors that match your roofing, siding or trim so the gutters continue to look great for years to come
- Work with insured and experienced gutter installers who can get the job done right the first time
Sargent Gutters & Siding installs premium seamless gutters in Metro Detroit. If you’d like a gutter installation quote, please call (800) 465-7460 to speak with one of our professionals.